Oh So Seventies!

7I’ve been tripping on seventies fashion for a rather long time…I’d say, oh, 15 years? Haha! Ever since I first saw Dazed and then went on a Hendrix binge I still haven’t come out the other side of – have you LISTENED to songs like  A Merman I Should Turn To Be and Rainy Day Dream Away – they are So good! And recently I’ve been listening to Red House on repeat ever since I randomly woke up with it in my head a few weeks ago. My love for Hendrix and seventies fashion is probably not new to you, I mean, I’ve blogged about him before in my Top 5 songs that inspire me & mentioned how I would have LOVED to be at Woodstock ’69 to see him perform in this hippie inspired post . In terms of 70s fashion posts, I’ve worn flares and been hilarious with friends here, gone a bit 70s-by-way-of-90s here, and of course worn a figure hugging sweater as a dress and worn my babing white go-go boots here, but, to be quite frank, this new dress SHITS on those outfits! Ha!

Why? Well, firstly, I designed it. ;) It’s from PHO sizzle‘s Year Of The Goat Winter 15 collection which isn’t available online yet – it will be by the 27th of this month. It IS available at Design A Space on Brunswick Street in Fitzroy in limited sizes, if you’re a Melbourne gal and need this orange baby in your life.

Secondly, it is made from the most insanely 70s fabric you’ll ever find. Ever. My shopper saw it at the fabric market in Hanoi and sent me a pic and I thought, YUP, this is IT, I must have it!

Thirdly, it has thumb holes shaped like hearts for when your lil fingers get too cold to deal with winter wind. COME ON! Heart thumb holes!? EEEP!

13 15

So, yes, as you can tell. I’m keeping this one for me. ;) We only made a few because we are now realizing our company and my designs are, hmm, how to say this…an acquired taste? But, I am in love with this frock and will be wearing it ALL winter.

18 11 16 10 14 17Shoes: thrifted Dress: PHO sizzle‘s Heart On My Sleeve Dress in Orange size 16available online May 27th in size 6-16AU  Belt: thrifted Lipstick: VelourLips in Rio-D

Hey, I know it’s Monday, but don’t frown – this weather is gorgeous!! <3

Now I’m off to talk to a Migration Agent about a man and visa… *Sigh*

xox Jacqui

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 Comments on Oh So Seventies!

1. Cate
    May 18, 2015 at 7:59 am (5 days ago)

Gorgeous dress for winter, I’d love a longer version!

2. Charlene
    May 18, 2015 at 8:42 am (5 days ago)

You are so right this dress is the best! It shits on everything! It sucks that u only made a few of them cause I think they will be a huge seller! Just that design with the heart thumbhole is awesome! Then teamed with more awesome 70’s fabric its amazeballs!! You should use this designs in every collection you release! Plus you have accessorised it great! Your pic ought to be the official pic on PhoSizzle! 10/10

• Jacqueline Stewart
      May 22, 2015 at 11:01 pm (2 hours ago)

Thanks Charlene, we might use this design again but the thumb holes are quite time consuming for our seamstresses, so, we’ll see how they go :D

3. Imogen
    May 18, 2015 at 11:14 am (5 days ago)

This look is the best, so perfect on you. I can’t wait to see what else will be released in this collection.

• Jacqueline Stewart
      May 22, 2015 at 10:57 pm (2 hours ago)

Thanks Imogen. The collection will hopefully be released on wed or perhaps in mon :D

4. Sian
    May 18, 2015 at 4:13 pm (4 days ago)

I need that dress in my life, the heart shaped thumb holes are so perfect! Beautiful design. You look amazing! :)

5. Kristina @ Eccentric Owl
    May 20, 2015 at 8:38 pm (2 days ago)

I have a huge thing for 70’s garb; my closet is SO full of 70’s item, and my Etsy shop is, too! I love that dress, and the heart shaped holes, and everything about it. I think it’s a fantastic design! Plus, it looks amazing on you!

I think my Etsy shop and vintage tastes might be a bit of an acquired taste thing, too. I love crazy printed shirts, quirky dresses, jumpsuits, and many things that are just… a bit more unique than your standard 50’s Etsy garb (I love that too though). But that just makes it all the better when people do sport what you sell! I think Pho Sizzle has really great items, personally! the patterns!

xo
    Kristina

• Jacqueline Stewart
      May 22, 2015 at 10:53 pm (2 hours ago)

hehehe, thanks Kristina. I think having acquired taste is prob better than being boring tho – amirite? :)