Black Lipstick: Alternative Curves

1You know how I said I’m stopping some blog hops but joining others? Well, Alternative Curves  was one of the ones I debated stopping doing challenges for, because, in all honesty – it isn’t really fun being part of a blog hop if you’re almost the only one participating. But, in the end I decided to stick it out with Alternative Curves because the organizers are rad, and hopefully, with time, it will gain more momentum and more people will make time to do the challenges – however they choose to interpret them.

So, I’m focusing on Share In Style and perhaps more with the lovely Natalie from The Moon Moth Blog like I did for her Disney link-up. Sadly I think Aussie Curves is also dying and interest is waning, which is kind of half expected with the mass diaspora of the closed facebook group, but sad nonetheless because I really enjoyed the challenges and having regular interactions with reciprocal commenters. But, I’ll still visit their blogs and I’m glad to have known them through Aussie Curves.

So, this month’s Alternative Curves them is black lipstick.

I don’t own black lipstick and, since I’m pale as all fuck, not really into goth culture and don’t particularly like black lipstick, I certainly wasn’t going to buy any. So… a quick scout at Priceline for a thick, cheap eyeliner and voila! Ha!

Because I didn’t want this look to come off at all goth-like, I decided to just wear what I’d worn to breakfast with my friend Nikki – boyfriend jeans and an oversized shirt. (Yes, it’s almost the same as my Claudia Kishi outfit from earlier in the week) and, well, some insane novelty glasses my friend Kristie saw in a $2 shop and bought for me! :)

Yes. These glasses are all kinds of silly.

And I love them.

7 4 6 3 8 2Shirt: stolen from my Dad Jeans: Jeanswest Glasses: gift from my bestie Lipstick: Savvy Eyeshadow Pencil Beanie: yeah… I don’t know…

Anyway, I hope this is sufficient to coax any other alternative curves gals to make an outfit post wearing black lipstick… I think for some of you it wouldn’t be a big deal at all? True?

xox Jacqui

Other Alt Curves Themes:

<!– end LinkyTools script →

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

25 Comments on Black Lipstick: Alternative Curves

1. Charlene
    April 11, 2015 at 9:06 am (1 month ago)

I totally agree that Aussie Curves is losing its momentum. Which is really sad for me coz I love it!
    Ive looked for the list of Alternative Curves themes once bit couldn’t find it? Or is it decided week by week?
    I actually really love this look on you! Maybe minus the awesome sunnies but eye protection is necessary so I’ll let it slide lol
    I think I like that its a alternative take on the “normal” jeans and shirt look. Whatever it is, it looks rad!

• Chel
      April 11, 2015 at 9:20 pm (1 month ago)

I’ve noticed so few members join the Aussie Curves challenge list now. Would you know why they closed the FB group? I think my application for membership was accepted a few days after it was closed.

I LOVE this look. Grunge-ing up boyfriend jeans and a white shirt. I’d totally wear this – maybe not the sunnies (they’re rad, but I cant pull them off) and the lipstick. In fact, I think I wear this several days in a month. :P

And that’s my favourite beanie colour! :)

• Jacqueline Stewart
        April 12, 2015 at 7:59 am (1 month ago)

I think they closed it for quite a few reasons actually, not only because it was too big to be manageable, however that seemed to be one of the reasons. The woman who started it felt it was her intellectual property as she started the challenges, the name aussie curves, the hashtag and the facebook group etc, hence she decided to close the facebook group instead of passing the torch to other mods.
        In terms of the facebook group, i don’t really miss it, but it was convenient to share your post in one group instead of like, 4 (which we have to do now) but I do think it was an extremely valuable resource in terms of questions about brands, sizing etc and it’s a real shame that that content, or archive of content, was deleted or made inaccessible. I also think when a group gets to the size it was (more than 2000 women I think?), it might have been smarter if the founder wanted to delete it that the whole facebook group just started a new one called NOT Aussie Curves, or something like that. No IP issues there! :v

I honestly liked the blogging and challenges side of Aussie Curves, but, as I’ve said many times before, it isn’t particularly fun if the participants aren’t reciprocal and, blogging to me is most certainly a two way street, not some bullet theory shit from the 50s. You send out something and you respond to what others send out, and when people only do 1 of those things (either just sending out messages or merely responding to others) the whole system falls apart.

I’m glad I have a nice group of you guys that I will check up on without the AC challenges and know we can stay in touch.

• Katie
          April 12, 2015 at 9:46 am (1 month ago)

A-freaking-men!!! I thought reciprocal commenting was a big part of bloghops, and well, it often didnt happen. I have been an awful blogger lately but when i take part in a blog hop, i comment on the other posts in hop, provided it will let me (sometimes blogger does not).
          I hope Aussie curves keeps going, as ive been a terrible blogger lately, but it gives me a reason to blog when i do!!!!
          gotta say, how awesome is it you did a Claudia Kishi post!
          I used to love the babysitters club!!
          black lippy is pretty cool on you, but i dont think there is much you can’t rock missy!! and i love the necklace!!

• Jacqueline Stewart
            May 3, 2015 at 1:55 am (3 weeks ago)

I’m glad you know what I’m talking about Kat.

• Chel
          April 14, 2015 at 9:19 pm (1 month ago)

I’ve never really experienced the FB group but I imagine it would be convenient to post in one FB group than in several, like we do now.

I really hope the Aussie Curves challenge won’t die down. Or at least, be replaced by something similar.

But Aussie Curves or no Aussie Curves, I will visit your blog! :)

• Jacqueline Stewart
            May 3, 2015 at 1:53 am (3 weeks ago)

Thanks Chel, I’ll keep visiting yours too :)

• Kobi Jae
      April 12, 2015 at 2:41 am (1 month ago)

Hey babe, the alternative curves themes are the cover photo on the group page (facebook.com/groups/alternativecurves), and I also just posted them on IG :) x

• Charlene
        April 12, 2015 at 4:14 am (1 month ago)

Thanks Kobi! After I wrote my comment I went and lookrd for it and found it. I obviously wasnt looking too hard the first time!
        Chel i think ACurves closed down because it was getting too big and difficult to moderate

• Chel
          April 14, 2015 at 9:19 pm (1 month ago)

Thanks Charlene! Hopefully it won’t die down completely or something similar will come up. :)

• Jacqueline Stewart
      April 12, 2015 at 7:47 am (1 month ago)

It is a completely normal look Charlene, you’re right, but with the black lipstick- which was all the challenge was, I reckon I killed it.

• Jacqueline Stewart
      April 12, 2015 at 7:47 am (1 month ago)

Hahha, thanks Surbhi, this is a pretty normal outfit though really, it’s just the cray cray sunnies that I’m experimenting with. :)

2. Kobi Jae
    April 12, 2015 at 2:43 am (1 month ago)

Awww thank you for sticking with Alt Curves – it is disappointed that a lot of the girls haven’t been participating like they did. I wonder if it has to do with it being their winter? I know a couple of the girls who live in Canada have been saying it’s difficult to get nice photos outside cos it’s so dark, but maybe that’s just a cop out. I dunno. Anyway, thank you so much for your support, and obviously that outfit is heaps rad. You pull off black lipstick AND insane sunglasses, cos you’re a kooky bitch and you OWN LIFE. xx

• Jacqueline Stewart
      April 12, 2015 at 8:02 am (1 month ago)

No worries Miss Jae. I like Alt Curves, I’m just frustrated with the lurkers, and I mean, this theme is PISS easy, I mean, it wasn’t for me cos I’d never worn it before but 2 minutes later, I was ready, so if people don’t do it then….pffffftttt.
      Yeh, Winer, nah… I’d love to see a crazy dark, over-exposed with frash and too much snow covered photos!

I am a kooky bitch.

3. Siggy
    April 12, 2015 at 3:30 am (1 month ago)

Love the black lippy with the everyday look. Perfect! I’ve loved your Aussie Curves posts. You have such a fresh and creative eye for style.

• Jacqueline Stewart
      April 12, 2015 at 8:05 am (1 month ago)

Thanks Siggy. Yeah, I just don’t see the point anymore… I’ll keep having rad outfit, but I can’t connect to AC that much these days…

4. Yvonne Kirk
    April 12, 2015 at 4:19 am (1 month ago)

I’ve been absent for everything basically since January. I’m sorry. I only have time to read on.the train if I’m not sleeping. Oops. Ok I’m going to pull something together this arvo..at least I’ll try..!!

I miss Aussie curves :(

• Jacqueline Stewart
      April 12, 2015 at 8:08 am (1 month ago)

Oh Yvonne, of course that is okay. I understand that life gets in the way! :) Aussie Curves was a really special place for a lot of women and even though the facebook group gave me the irrates more than once, I do feel it that many women must have felt is was a very unfair thing to do to them, especially in the time frame that the closure was enacted in.
      TRY to do something with black lipstick! It’ll be grand! :)

5. Lady parisienne
    April 13, 2015 at 1:57 pm (1 month ago)

This dark lipstick look so ccol on you, and what about these sunnies they are crazy!!

• Jacqueline Stewart
      May 3, 2015 at 1:54 am (3 weeks ago)

Thanks Barbara, yes the sunnies are pretty insane. Hahaha

6. margotmeanie.com
    April 30, 2015 at 12:51 am (3 weeks ago)

EEEE! I love those shades! So fun! I used to work in a costume, novelty, arty stoer and I kinda miss playing with accessories like these!

Thanks for sticking with us! I hope we can build momentum and get more members involved with posting! Maybe instead of having it open all month we should try and have a day each month, like French curves does? Then there is a big impact of alt bloggers posting? I dunno, something I mull over from time to tome!

• Jacqueline Stewart
      May 3, 2015 at 1:48 am (3 weeks ago)

awww, thanks Margot, they were such rad accessories, I was so glad my friend bought them for me.
      I’m not sure having a day each month would work because people have a whole month to do it and still don’t get it done, limiting it to one day will prob make it worse… I don’t know…. I reckon people just have to get into the mentality of blog hops being really good and fun and a way to share and interact with all the people in the hop. Let’s be honestly, blogging is super narcissistic, one of the ways to lesson that is through meaningful interaction and support… anyway, I’ll stick with you guys, I enjoy it. x

7. Ezmae
    May 12, 2015 at 12:10 am (2 weeks ago)

THOSE GLASSES! WOW, I actually think I like u with black lippy. the more i see it on others the more I want to try it haha. I get what you mean about the blog hops dying with AC, it is sad but new things will come from it and I am glad to have been connected to you and others through it.